Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My Boy Is Sick

My boy, Max, is sick.

This disgruntled face captured today on my cell phone.
As far as we can tell, it's not serious. The doc isn't taking any chances though, so in addition to an antibiotic, Max gave up three vials of blood. That's not an easy task for a child with Down syndrome. One of the internal physical characteristics of Down syndrome is narrow passages: ear canals, larynx, nasal passages, intestines, veins.

Tiny veins beneath layers of baby fat equals lots of tears, but not today. The phlebotomist (who thought of that word?) was amazing! She was so gentle that Max let out with no more than a quiet whimper. Huge props to you, lady phlebotomist. You made our evening a very pleasant one.

Now we just wait. Doc says we should know something by Friday. I'll keep you posted.

Good night, everyone. I'm sleepy.

1 comment: