Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Max is...

One of the things I enjoy about summer, apart from the sunshine, the flowers, my vegetable garden, long walks, the beach, and every other wonderful diversion that summer has to offer, is that I get to start my mornings with one of a plethora of morning talk shows. I tend to gravitate toward Today, especially the fourth hour with Hoda and Kathie Lee. It's light-hearted banter allows me to pay attention with half an ear while I putter around the house or play with Max.

Last Friday morning was no exception, and as Max and I were sprawled on the floor putting together the same shapes puzzle over, and over, and over again (he's actually quite good at it) I half-listened to an interview with Kelsey Grammer about his current television program (sounded rather interesting, actually). It wasn't until Hoda or Kathie Lee, I can't remember which, asked about his new daughter--I think she's about two months old--that I really plugged in. I'm a sucker for baby stories!

Most people describe their little ones as cute, funny, active, stubborn, or any number of other  basic, rather meaningless adjectives. I'm no exception. But Kelsey Grammer didn't do that. He said she was kind. Kind? Wow. How could he possibly know that? Then over the weekend I thought a lot about Max in that way, and realized that any parent, all parents, KNOW things about their children that others do not. It's instinctive. It goes with the territory.

So here is my list of adjectives to describe Max, both the basic and the deep. Sean helped.
  • Funny
  • Stubborn
  • Intuitive
  • Kind
  • Empathetic
  • Strong
  • Driven
  • Busy
  • Playful
  • Curious
  • Happy
  • Trusting
  • Extroverted
  • Affectionate
  • Adventuresome
  • Silly
  • Persistent
  • Hungry
  • Easy-going
  • Loving
How would you describe your kids?

Enjoy these pics. I think you might even catch glimpses of some of those adjectives.


Hey, what's this?

Hmmm...

Awwww...



 And don't forget...peek-a-boo!



4 comments:

  1. I love these pictures of you, you look so happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily! It's hard not to be while getting a hug from such a cutie. :)

      Delete
  2. I love these pictures of both of you. Life is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete